Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Running with the Chariots

This morning I had my first Italian exam which consisted of a two hour written test and an oral exam. Between the two, I preferred the oral exam. We were instructed to find a partner in the class and create a scene within 20 minutes then memorize ten sentences spoken in fluent Italian each. Luckily, I have one of my good friends in my class. The conversation was more fun than work. Our conversation consisted of visiting monuments, eating different types of food(obviously my favorite topic of discussion) and meeting up later to go dancing! Now I just have to start holding entire conversations with the locals! After class, my friends and I went to Circus Maximus and played frisbee for two hours! The Circus Maximus(Circo Massimo) was constructed in Ancient Rome as a chariot racing stadium and mass entertainment venue. It was able to accomodate at least 150,000 people. To think I was running around playing frisbee with some friends where Ancient Rome's mass form of entertainment used to be was unbelievable.

My first break during my semester is coming up in a week and half. Three of my good friends and I decided we're going to Greece for the whole week break!! We booked the flight a few days ago and booked our reservations for hostels today. We are going to the island called Rhodos in Greece. I can't wait to see the beautiful Mediterranean Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment