Saturday, September 17, 2011

Its all Greek to me!

Yesterday I took my Italian language final for the course I have been enrolled in for the past three weeks. Although the exam was a little difficult, I now have a break from school for a week!! I will be leaving for Greece tomorrow morning at 10:15 am! The island I will be going to is called Rhodes(in Greek it is called Rodos). I'm going with two of my apartment mates and another girl in the program, I figured four was a good travel number :) For the first half of the week we will be staying in Rhodes Town which is located on the northern tip of the island. Transport to other parts of the island is very accessible in Rhodes Town so we are planning on traveling to different cities in the island like Lindos which contains a lot of the island's ruins. We are also planning on hiking Mt Attavyros which is a challenging 2-3 hr climb to the island's highest point (1215 m)!

For the second half of our stay in Rhodes we will be staying in Faliraki. Faliraki is a very popular area in Rhodes because of the beautiful beaches. There are seven different beaches located in Faliraki. I've been researching the best spots to snorkel in Rhodes and we hopefully will find a good deal to rent gear and explore the blue, clear Aegean Sea.

I will be gone for a full week and returning next Sunday. I believe both places we are staying at have internet so hopefully I will be able to upload some pictures and update my blog while I am in Greece. I can't wait to explore Rhodes and begin yet another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment