Thursday, September 22, 2011

A day in Lindos, Grecian style

First off I'm on a computer that costs a whole euro for just 20 minutes of internet, therefore my posts will unfortunately be a bit short, but to the point. Today is my fourth full day in Greece. I love the island and the beaches are absolutely gorgeous. Today we traveled to the city called Lindos and I did something I can safely say was a first for me, I rode a donkey. We only paid 5 euro to ride all the way up the mountain along the side of a hill over looking the ocean on a donkey! I was laughing the entire time thinking to myself, am I literally on a Greek island riding a donkey?? Our days have consisted of a lot of beach trips, a little bit of hiking, a lot of walking around cities, and a lot of eating and meeting the locals. Tomorrow we will probably embark on another adventure to a different part of the island. We might go to a place called the seven springs and hike a little bit. Yesterday we went to a beach called Kalithea which had a beautiful cove. The cove had rocks jetting out all over with a ton of chairs and umbrellas along all the rocks. Kalithea also had a little restaurant right on the beach and we ordered a few appetizers(one including calamari that was amazing)and drinks and watched the sunset. Although I have loved every second of our Rhodes adventure, being away from Rome has made me miss the city more than I expected. It will be nice to go back to the wonderful city of pasta and wine, but for now I will continue to enjoy the sunny blissfulness of Rhodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment