Wednesday, August 31, 2011

On Top of the World

After school today a few of my friends and I walked to the Vatican. On the way we stopped by one of my favorite bakeries to get pastries and sandwiches. Since it was our second time visiting the bakery, Felipe(the store owner) gave us all a 25 percent discount on our treats! Generoso! We walked through the church and walked ALL the way to the top of Saint Peter's. The walk was a big one, but I couldn't being myself to take the elevator. As we neared the top of the dome, we were able to see the inside of the church from a bird's eye view. Once we emerged from the narrow stairwell to the very top of Saint Peter's, I was more than overwhelmed with the view. Not only was I on top of a world famous monument, but I could see every part of Rome. It was an experience I will never forget, and I recommend it to anyone visiting Rome! Afterwards, we ate Gelato at the famous "Old Town Geletaria." I decided to get melone and peach as my flavors, perfecto! So far I have had a blast in class, seen some remarkable monuments, eaten delicious food and been accompanied by wonderful people. I could Vivo a Roma forever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment