Saturday, December 17, 2011

Arrivederci alla citta bella di roma

Yesterday I had to officially say my farewell to Roma. It was difficult saying goodbye to all of my good friends I made in Rome, but nothing can beat coming home to a loving family that I've missed dearly the past four months. The last day in Rome I decided to go to my favorite place in the entire city: St' Peter's basilica. I got up early, walked around the city one last time and met up with my roommate Maeg. Maeg and I went to one of our favorite cafes and grabbed a panino to go. We walked, panino in hand to the beautiful Vatican city. We walked through the whole Basilica of St Peter and for the last time took in the great magnificence of the church. Afterwards we went to our favorite gelateria Old Bridge and continued to walk around the city. Maeg had bought a lock a few months ago and wanted to put the lock somewhere in Rome that reminded of us of our great semester abroad. We went to the Ponte Sant' Angelo which is the bridge in front of Castel Sant'Angelo, but also the bridge that connects our school to the Vatican. It was simply the perfect place. We both plan on visiting Rome again some day and hopefully this little lock will still be there to remind of us what an amazing experience studying abroad was. After walking around the city one last time, my program had a farewell dinner with the everyone in the program, around 150 of us. We all ate and told stories about the past four months. My good friends and I went to Piazza Navona, the Pantheon and our favorite pastry shop one last time after the farewell dinner. Studying abroad in Rome was one of the best experiences I have had. I'm extremely fortunate and grateful to have wonderful family that supported and helped me to be able to go on this wonderful trip. Rome gave me amazing friends that I will keep in touch with for the rest of my life, memories that I will never forget, a level of happiness that I didn't know I could possess and a once in a life time experience. As a last and final blog post I decided to make a list of my favorite things throughout my stay in Rome. Thank you to all who have followed along with my blog, I really have enjoyed blogging about my experiences and was happy to hear from those who enjoyed reading about them. Arrivederci alla citta bella di roma!! (Goodbye to the beautiful city of Rome!)

1. Going to my favorite cafe, "Bar Orologio" to get a cappuccino and cornetto di ciocolatta with my friends before class.




















2. Going to see Pope Benedict XVI on a Sunday to be blessed.








3. Going to my favorite pizza restaurant "Dar Poeta" with the gang.


















4. Putting a lock on Ponte Sant'Angelo with Maeg to remember my experience studying abroad in Rome.








5. Going to my favorite gelateria "Old Bridge."





No comments:

Post a Comment